Standard shipping - $10.00
Express shipping - $15.00
Pick up from Store in Clayton South VIC 3169 · $0.00
To ensure that you receive your game the day of its anticipated release, we highly recommend using our pre-order service to reserve limited stock items.
Before placing a pre-order, please review the conditions of sale:
1. All orders that include a pre-order will only be dispatched when the pre-order item is in stock.
2. Pre-order items will be shipped as soon as stock arrives unless there is a pre-defined release date set by the publisher that we must adhere to.
3. Pre-orders are also applicable to our Click & Collect service from our warehouse in Clayton South. We will notify you when your order is ready for collection.
4. Please be advised that the release date is an estimate. Pre-orders can be delayed due to shipping and supplier shortages.
5. In the rare instance that your order is delayed due to supplier shortages, you have the option of receiving a full refund or holding your pre-order until additional stock is available.
This item has been added to your cart!VIEW CART
This is my first expac for Descent, and it's a worthwhile one. While it doesn't offer a new campaign, it does bring in the rumor element (or, if you already have an expac with rumors, offers more options). Although, admittedly, these are a little underwhelming - often the item rewards for going on these missions are pretty unexciting, but hey, it's still nice to have new maps and quests. For example, after doing an Act 1 mission and unlocking its Act 2 partner, we were pretty convinced we weren't going to do it - the punishment if the OL won seemed steep, and the reward if players won seemed measly. But in the end, we did it anyway, just to have an extra run at the shopping phase at the end of the encounter, to get a little extra leg up with items before the final map.
The new travel cards and items are great - we kept running into the knight, and he was an excellent source of melee weapons for the group. The new OL class, the Infector, is a nice balance of complex and simple - you can keep it simple by dipping, or go full-on to build up card combos that will rip the players a new one. Two new player classes is a nice addition, and it was great to get a new healer, though we haven't tried the new scout yet.
The new die is unremarkable. It's lower power than the base dice, but is a bonus source of surges, so no complaints. It's also got smaller icons on it, so it doesn't suffer quite as badly from the weighting problems the main dice do. The new treasures are nifty, and add some variety. As this was our first expac, we also got to change out our "nothing" treasure card for a secret room card, and that, of course, adds a cool new element - particularly in time-sensitive maps.
Thematically, the new cards add in a nice grungy, dank feeling of decay and disease, granting a little more colour and flavour to the world.
Gameology were terrific, as ever, super speedy processing and delivery.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Join the gameology legion program and start earning.
Earn points every time you shop.
Redeem points for exclusive discounts.
Have a question?
You may find an answer in our Help Centre.
Can't find what you're looking for?
(03) 9068 6040
Click the "Help" widget in the bottom right corner!
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
0492 922 283
Mon-Wed: 10:30am - 5pm
Thu-Fri: 10:30am - 6pm
Sat-Sun: 12pm - 5pm
12 Eileen Rd,
VIC 3169, AUS
Do you want to add products to your personal account?